Friday 26 June 2015

I DON'T LOVE YOU (I JUST LIKE YOU)



I Don’t Love You
(I Just Like You)

Genre : Lyrical

© www.maxnaija.com


You keep staring
From the corner of your eyes.
You look at me,
While I’m looking away.
When I look back,
You shudder and retreat.
Both of us know
What you are doing.

You drop hints about your love for me.
Come close, egg me into proposing you.
But you can’t make me fall in love.
‘Cause it’s clear that I don’t love you.

I just like your child-like smile,
Your innocent gaze,
Your caught-in-the-act
And then embarrassed phase.
The movement of your hands,
Stealing sights a few,
Giving a side glance,
I just like you.


Your friends,
They know all about this.
They are helping you
Bridge the gap between us.
Trying to get us
Into talking,
Trying to develop
The love that they can’t.

I might try to test the water.
Go close, then hold myself back.
No you can’t make me fall in love.
‘Cause I know that I don’t love you.

I just like your black spects,
Your glad days,
Your showing off
And then shocked face.
The sound of your voice,
The deep red hue
On your swollen cheeks,
I just like you.


No! This is not possible.
Not letting my guard down.
I’m preoccupied with my goals.
Love is the last thing on my mind.

You could climb the stepping stones to my heart,
Only to find a deserted mountain peak.
No you can’t make me fall in love.
It’s sorted out that I don’t love you.

I just like your child-like smiles,
Your innocent gaze,
Your caught-in-the-act
And then embarrassed phase.
Your leather jacket,
Your brown hair too,
Your tied plait,
I just lov---- like you.


© www.picturesquotes.com

If you like the poem, please click the like button given above the title of the poem. Also please remember to click on the +1 button on the right side of the screen. Please share this poem on facebook, twitter, pinterest or reblog it by clicking on the respective buttons given below and support me. You could also subscribe to this blog using the 'Subscribe' option given on the right side. You could follow me on facebook, twitter and instagram by using the button given on the right side for the same. 

Thank you for taking your time to read my poem. See you soon.

Check out the BEHIND THE POEM of this poem. CLICK HERE.

Click Here to read my last poem "TO DRAUPADI"

No comments :

Post a Comment

LIFE AMONG GHOSTS

LIFE AMONG GHOSTS © ghostlyactivities.com When I was kid I couldn’t go to sleep, Scared that the ghosts were lingering bene...